Monday, October 14, 2013

YOU'RE WINNING RIBBONS AND LOSING WEIGHT!!!





Today Francie Murphy, Betty Hahn and I went to Chandler to take our quilts to the Vision Gallery.  We were all fortunate to be chosen to hang in Art Quilt XVIII.  After we toured the gallery we had a wonderful lunch.

There is nothing better than having lunch with two sister artists you love...
                                        

         These are the two entries that Betty has at Houston.  She has been notified that She has won a ribbon and she will not know which quilt or which ribbon until the award night at Houston.  As we were driving  home she was telling us how excited she was about winning and I was feeling very good about myself. Here I was, so happy for her and not feeling sorry for myself.  I was even hoping that it was a first place ribbon.  It was then that she uttered these fatal words. "I'm losing weight too".

 


 

           What!!! winning ribbons and losing weight!  That was just too much.  It was a good thing that Francie was driving because I almost had a stroke. A person can only have so much goodwill.

 

Just kidding...congratulations betty! I love you.

                         

                                              
                                                                            
 


"Next year, Francie, it's me and you!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment