Friday, October 25, 2013

DOPPLER NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD




When I lived in Oklahoma we spent a lot of time watching the tornado alerts on tv.  I t was like the stations would compete to see whose Doppler images would be the bigger or the most accurate.  So I watched with avid interest as the Doppler imagery came to life on Betty's canvas.  

These two wonderful art quilts are Betty Hahn's entries for the SAQA quilt show, A COLOR RUNS THROUGH IT.


All Bluster I                                                                               All Bluster  II




All Bluster I and All Bluster II   detail

I was fortunate to be able to watch as these two quilts were created.  The rules were that black and white with only one other color was to be used.  The first quilt, All Bluster I, was created using paint and small amounts of organza overlay, and the second quilt, All Bluster II, used the same with the addition of rusted cheesecloth.

I was excited to see that Betty had used the cheesecloth that I had rusted and given to her.  After seeing Betty's quilts I think I better dig out the rusted cheese cloth I kept and see if I can give her a run for the money.  Actually I bow to Betty as the better quilt maker, but I think I am keeping her on her toes...

AFTER ALL, WHO DO YOU THINK TAUGHT ME?




No comments:

Post a Comment