Wednesday, October 9, 2013

GOODWILL HUNTING

Add caption
My name is Redfox and I am an addict.  Yes, I admit it.  I am addicted to thrift stores.  The workers at Goodwill know me by name, and that's not a good thing.

I'm also an artist.  I make unique art quilts.  I call this quilt "Goodwill Hunting" because every thing I used to make the quilt came from my trips to the Goodwill.

I created this art quilt as my main entry to Chandler's ART QUILT XVIII.  The theme this year was ARTRAGEOUS and I thought this quilt was really out of the box.  The juror didn't agree.  Oh yes, I got into the show, but with another quilt.  I'll tell you that story tomorrow.

I REALLY MISS THAT ZEBRA SWEATER...

 

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! I will enjoy reading about your art adventures....and by the way - love the art quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on your way! Who'da thought that just a few short years ago you were struggling with e-mail and now here you are blogging. I guess you can teach new tricks... . Seriously, your work looks wonderful online!! I'll be a follower.

    ReplyDelete