Monday, October 21, 2013

THE ONLY THING WE CAN BE SURE OF IS CHANGE ITSELF






My art pieces seem to evolve as I make them, or I should say, while I make them.  It is only fitting that this quilt has frogs on it as frogs are a symbol of METAMORPHOSIS, and that's what this piece is all about...


LOGIC  13X18in

My Halloween art quilt was sparked by finding a picture of a flying witch in my Dover clip art book... a rather SAUCY one at that.  On the same page happened to be a picture of a servant sweeping with a broom.  BINGO, I had my idea.  My original title and premise was going to be "DAY JOB"....My thought was meek maid by day and risque witch by night, but as the piece played out I thought about how illogical this all was and a quote by Gloria Steinem came to mind..."Logic is in the eye of the logician."  I knew this quote had to be included in the piece...illogical as it was, LOGIC was born.


So it went to double moons and fish (orange and black) flying across the sky.  The magical white frogs add to the picture and the whole piece just makes me smile...AND ISN'T THAT WHAT ART IS ALL ABOUT?


AFTER ALL, "LOGIC IS IN THE EYE OF THE LOGICIAN."

LOGIC....PUBLISHED IN SOMERSET HOLIDAY

No comments:

Post a Comment