Saturday, October 19, 2013

NOT IN THE MOOD FOR ORANGE AND BLACK




It is time for a Halloween project and I am definitely not in the 
mood for black and orange.   This is the first sentence in the cover letter I sent to the magazine SOMERSET STUDIO when I answered their call for Halloween art.  I'm telling you this because I believe that what we write about our quilts is very important.  If you want to get published,  what you have to say to the editor is sometimes as important as how your art looks.  well, maybe not quite as important, but it really helps if you get their attention.  It must have worked because this quilt got published.
GARDEN WITCH



 I have decided to make my witch into something a little less haunting, a little more mellow, and a lot more beautiful.  My witch is throwing off the stereotype of being the ugly, black clad woman with warts on her nose.  In fact my witch has nary a wart and isn't clad in anything but her own beauty.

You've heard of the kitchen witch, well this is my garden witch.  She flies over my garden flowers with a grace that is nothing short of musical.  When I have her on my door for Halloween I think she will be met with all smiles and no tricks.



P.S.  I COULDN'T HELP BUT THROW IN A FEW MULTIPLE MOONS, PERHAPS MADE OUT OF GREEN CHEESE.

No comments:

Post a Comment