Monday, October 28, 2013

FOUR O'CLOCK COMES VERY EARLY




WHEN THE ALARM  GOES OFF TOMORROW MORNING AT MY FRIEND BETTY'S  HOUSE, I WILL BE DEEP IN SLUMBER.   PERHAPS I WILL BE DREAMING OF THE DAY I CAN GO TO THE HOUSTON QUILT SHOW AND WIN A RIBBON.  THAT IS MY DREAM, BUT BETTY WILL BE ON HER WAY TO HOUSTON AND LIVING THE DREAM...FOR REAL.


This is the quilt that won that ribbon for Betty.  She has been told she won a ribbon, but not which ribbon.  I really think it is first place, but winning any ribbon at Houston is the reality we all dream about.Then on top of that she got another call from    Houston and they told her that her quilt had sold and the show isn't even open yet.  Now I'll show you her quilt and you can guess which ribbon she won.  It's a first, right?




This is a painting done by Betty that she had reproduced on silk and then quilted.  Betty Hahn is a wonderful quilter and she totally deserves to win a blue ribbon.  But then I am a bit biased.

I'm thinking that instead of dreaming,  I'm going to sign up for free motion quilting classes with  the best of the best, my friend Betty.

QUOTE OF THE DAY... KEEP COMPANY WITH THOSE WHO MAKE YOU BETTER...unknown


A GOOD FRIEND WILL BAIL YOU OUT OF JAIL...A BEST FRIEND IS THE ONE SITTING BESIDE YOU IN THE CELL SAYING, "BOY THAT WAS FUN!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment