Saturday, October 12, 2013

"START OFF EVERYDAY WITH A SMILE AND GET IT OVER WITH" ...W.C. Fields

https://www.facebook.com/sandrabranjord










BE YOUR OWN EXCLAMATION POINT!!!
            The french painter Rousseau was once asked why he put a naked women on a red sofa in the middle of one of his jungle pictures.  He answered, "I needed a bit of red there."

  We all need a bit of red in our lives.  Red makes us feel warm and excited...HOT!  And circles, circles make me smile.  Circles get me excited (it doesn't take much).  And circles do something else.  Circles cover a lot of mistakes...not mistakes, HAPPY ACCIDENTS.


SPLIT CIRCLE

Did I say Circles get me excited?

This circle does not hide anything, rather It accents the figure.  The circle in this instance was cut and appliqued over the black and white background.

You will find a circle in almost every piece I make.  Like I said they just make me happy, and they have become a signature of sorts.

Find a figure you want to use and the arm is missing?  Put a circle over it and keep the dog away from your clipart.






The circle below would be appliqued onto a background quilt with a panel quilt hanging freely over it. This technique will add a lot of dimension to a quilt.





 One day a week I meet with a small group of art quilters.  We get together to work and laugh.  We call it        
      GIGGLE WITH THE GIRLS...





  We each do whatever project we want to work on.  I will often sit and turn the edges on my perfectly cut circles.  I most often work in black & white, so the circles will be waiting for me when I need them.


       
Giggle with the girls circles
Creative Memories cutting system
































      TIP

This is a must to anyone who would like to cut perfect circles.  It is the circle cutting system from CREATIVE MEMORIES.

I brought it along when I crossed over from scrapbooking to fabric art.  You have to find a consultant to order it from, but it is well worth the effort.





Detail from Metamorphosis
 This is a closeup of one of my Halloween quilts.  You can use a second circle in a contrasting color to mirror the original circle.  In this instance I used a silver fabric and it really sets off the moon.

Quote of the day...

The soul moves in circles.  Hence our lives are not moving straight ahead; instead, hovering, wavering, returning, renewing, repeating.
         ...James Hillman 



THANKS FOR BEING PART OF MY CIRCLE...
        I needed a bit of red there.












No comments:

Post a Comment