Saturday, November 23, 2013

VIRUS...DID I SAY THAT OUTLOUD?



Tonite I'm going to talk about the word no blogger wants to hear.  VIRUS.   But this virus is different.  This virus is an art quilt.


VIRUS



This quilt  is one of the first art quilts that I made.  It is the first one that I free motioned on.  I don't show it too often because it is really not very good, but it looks kinda cute  in the picture.



The bugs pictured on the quilt were made using metallic paint sticks and rubbing plates.  I have a little story I need to tell.

I made this quilt at a time that I was just beginning to use the computer.  I wasn't any good at it and I'm still not very computer literate.  Anyway I finished the quilt and took it to show my Hubby.  He asked me why the "insects " were on it.  I proudly used my new computer lingo and said, " You know, computer bugs."  He, without even a grin said, "You mean Virus." 

Well, I did mean Virus and that is how the quilt got it's name.

 What I like best about this quilt is the rubber mouse I used.    I went to the dollar store and bought a package of Halloween mice and a computer cable .  





GENIUS IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF.

Just recently I entered this quilt in the Phoenix Airport call.  It was  a call for insects and birds.  It was the only insects I had and I thought just maybe they would see the humor in it.

THEY DIDN'T...

So much for tongue and cheek.  Betty and her (our) Mom entered also.

MOM WAS THE ONLY ONE TO GET IN.  I GUESS THE MORAL OF THIS STORY IS...  

 
                   MOTHER KNOWS BEST!!!
                                     ...REDFOX
 

No comments:

Post a Comment