Sunday, November 24, 2013

GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD...BETTE MIDLER



"WOMEN'S STYLES MAY CHANGE, BUT THEIR DESIGNS REMAIN THE SAME."

Today I happily spent the whole afternoon designing shoes.  Well not really designing the shoes, but more like altering them.  I turned the shoes into letters..literally!


This pair of shoes was a bargain find of mine from the local department store....NOT A BARGAIN!!!   They hurt my feet so bad that I never wore them, but I just couldn't throw them away.  So I turned them into letters.  One of them will be sent through the mail and the other will be given to the same friend for her to mail to a friend of hers...A FRIEND OF A FRIEND!

YES, YOU CAN SEND A SHOE THROUGH THE MAIL.  JUST LIKE IT IS, YOU DO NOT HAVE T0 WRAP IT.
   JUST HAVE IT WEIGHED FOR POSTAGE.

In order to mail it, you can not have any parts that might come off and hurt their machinery.   This pair had a flimsy ankle strap that I had to cut off.  I traced the insole on blue paper and typed a letter on it.  I also added a fox charm, making sure it was secure.  I turned it over and after tracing the sole, I wrote to and from.....then all is left is to take it to the post office.




I signed my letter with the initials R F for Redfox and used crystals, but you can just sign it in your own handwriting.

TIP:  I LIKE TO BUY PRETTY STAMPS FOR THE POSTAGE AND SO I DON'T LET THEM METER IT.



FRIENDS... YOU'RE NOT LOOKING ARE YOU???


This is another pair that I bought and never wore.  I love shoes, but my feet don't.  It was really fun to figure out how to make sure the birds and nests would stay put.

Getting them to stay in involved a lot of glue  and a wire going through the sole.  I covered the wire with the address label.

I glued a poem on the insole.

THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!


The baby bird plays peak-a-boo out the side.  I added the blue dots with craft paint and the wrong end of a paintbrush.  I can't draw, but I'm a great dot maker.

THINK HOW GREAT THESE SHOES WOULD BE IF I COULD PAINT...


THIS TIME I GOT SMART... I FOUND THE SHOES AT
                                    GOODWILL.....................

Our favorite Goodwill has tons of shoes that are straight from the stores...never worn.  Those are the shoes I will use from now on.  I sent a shoe like this to my Granddaughter Elle .  I slipped a birthday check in the zipped part.  I just traced the sole out of fabric and sewed in a zipper.  The lettering on the shoe are brads.

 
     So get your stuff together and start designing.  I sent my friend Connie a get-well shoe in the mail and her mailman stopped and wrote a note to add to her mailbox.  He said that shoe was the most fun he had ever delivered to a mail box.


LETS KEEP THOSE MAILMEN HAPPY.
                                  ...REDFOX         


              



  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment