Sunday, November 24, 2013

I BELIEVE I CAN FLY



THEY SAY YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT, IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH.  THAT IS WHY I DO MY ALTERED BOOKS.   IN MY BOOKS I CAN BE ANYONE AND DO ANYTHING THAT I WANT.

        IN MY BOOKS I CAN FLY..............


I BELIEVE I CAN FLY PAGE FROM HALF MOON AND EMPTY STARS





  An altered book is a book that I take and alter (change) into a book of my own making.  I cut out pages, sometimes add new pages in, fold, staple, glue and rivet until I have a completely new product.

 It really started because I liked to decorate the covers of the books.  And who would buy a book with just the cover altered?

So it follows that I had to change the whole book.






Once I began altering the books it became a game to see just how much "hardware" I could use in the books.

RESEARCH PAGE, LILY WHITE

This page is held on with a metal fastener and I used a bottle cap as an accent.  This is a page from the book Lily White, but I think the young lady, and I use the word LADY lightly, is Rose Red.   The page lifts up and I'm not tell you what is under it...after all 
                        I AM A LADY...........

CENTER SPREAD, HALF MOON...








  I always do this center spread in each book.  The books are totally interactive with lots of cards to pull out and hidden messages behind things.

hidden meanings

suggestive
phrases

 
ENDING, HALF MOON......................





Sometimes the images are a little risque.  I DO LIKE THAT WORD.  RISQUE, RISQUE, MUCH BETTER THAN NAUGHTY.


I like to hang all kinds of charms from the pages.  Half the fun is shopping for the 

 STUFF,
LOTS OF STUFF

                   
 
IT IS VERY LATE AND I HAVE BEEN USING THAT ALLIGATOR CLIP TOO MUCH.   IN THE BOOK, I HAVE BEEN USING IT IN THE BOOK.


As I said, I CAN BE ANYTHING I WANT AND RIGHT NOW I WANT TO BE ASLEEP...

        IF YOU GET MY DRIFT...REDFOX
 

No comments:

Post a Comment