Wednesday, November 13, 2013

REAL FUN IS NOT HAVING NOTHING TO DO...



Real fun is not having nothing to do.  Real fun is having lots to do and not doing it!

If that is true then I must be really having fun.

Tomorrow morning Betty and I leave for New Mexico.  it is now 2 minutes before ELEVEN o'clock and I am sitting here blogging.  No hair washed, no clothes packed, and lots of dirty dishes in the sink.  But I have been doing important things today.  I did go get a book for the trip and I did get my art quilt for the SAQA Silver show started.  I had been putting it off and then putting it off again.  I want so bad for it to be good that I'm afraid to start.

Here is a quote that really fits the situation.

" PERFECTION IS SPELLED PARALYSIS."

I can't show you the quilt as the rules say it can't be shown before the show, not even on the net, but I can give you an example which will show you that I am the 
                            PROCRASTINATION  QUEEN.

   This painting leaning up against the wall, was done for me, by request, by a very dear friend of mine, JOAN RAMSEY.

I had seen a smaller version of it on a wall in a room in a magazine and fell in love with it.  This was many years ago.  The lake home that I had a place for it was sold and I didn't have a spot in the new house, so it hung an a wall no where near a door.

Two moves later I have a spot, but not a door, certainly not a perfect door.  Not even close.

So again it leans against a wall.
But I love that painting and some 
day, when I figure out what I want to do, I will have the perfect door.  In the meantime I will enjoy the painting and the anticipation of the fun I am having...         

   NOT DOING IT.  


           ... Redfox 
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment