Monday, March 10, 2014

WOO HOO!



Look at the adorable face on the NEW HOO that Betty bought me.


GUESS WHO GOT A NEW HOO FROM YOU KNOW WHO?

We stopped to shop at GW on the way home from doing a trunk show for a large group of quilters in Casa Grande.  The show was such a success that Betty wanted to celebrate and she bought me a gift for my white living room.  IT IS SO CUTE!

We really had a lot of fun with that group of quilters.  Before we started our show they had a meeting and had SHOW AND TELL.  I'm telling you, they are a really active and fun group.  

    IT WAS A HARD ACT TO FOLLOW...

We really put on a good show, A GREAT SHOW.  My arm hurts from patting myself on the back and Betty's head is really BIG again.  They gave us an hour and a half to do our song and dance.  I know they really liked it and we are already getting bookings from other clubs that have heard about it.

I was so excited about doing the show that I forgot to hand out my cards until everyone was leaving...NOT TOO BRIGHT!

ENTERTAINING BUT NOT BRIGHT!

Here are just a few of the quilts that I took to show.

 This is just a portion of the cancer quilt that I did for the AQG show.  The title of this quilt is survivor and it is dedicated to my two sisters, Mona and Elaine who are both cancer survivors.



This quilt is an example of using black paint on white fabric to do surface design.  The figures were appliqued.

GOODWILL HUNTING
   This quilt was one that they really liked.  No one had ever seen so much JUNK on one quilt.
The ladies had fun picking out the various garments that I had used and were amazed that it all came from the Goodwill.

I THINK THAT GOODWILL INDUSTRIES SHOULD HIRE BETTY AND I AS AMBASSADORS.  HEAR THAT GOODWILL?

BECOMING


  Talking with the women after the show I discovered that the almost all liked the three panel quilts the best.  That was the very first style I did.  I try to do other types to be more main stream, but
it seems that more of these get in the shows too.  I know why they like them...

   THEY ARE THREE TIMES THE WORK!

ANY WAY, IT WAS A VERY SUCCESSFUL SHOW . 

             WHAT A HOOT!
                                        ...REDFOX 

1 comment:

  1. Been catching up on your blog! You've been busy. I'm glad you, Betty, and Mom are booking more trunk shows - you're very entertaining, with wonderful quilts and fiber art! I love all the chairs! They look great! Looking forward to seeing your new website and Joyce's finished quilt. Keep having your cake and eating it too!

    ReplyDelete