Tuesday, March 25, 2014

THE CALL

  EVERY YEAR MY QUILTING FRIENDS AND I LOOK FORWARD TO THE ARIZONA QUILTING GUILD QUILT SHOW.  It is fun to
compete on the state level and it has always been fun because I GET RIBBONS.

This year I am not feeling so confident.  I said that last year too and I got a blue ribbon in art innovative.  Why don't I feel good?  Well the competition is getting better  and better.  I am not going to say this outloud, but Betty saw Francie's piece and said it is really really good...outstanding quilting.  Well it should be...Betty was her teacher!  So we are wondering which one of us Frances will take as a guest.

Each year we hold our breath the day before the quilt show and wait for the phone to ring.   You see,  the award committee calls the day before the show and lets you know if you are winning an award.  They want you to be sure to be there for the award ceremony.  You can only go if you are a winner or the GUEST OF A WINNER.

THE CALL SHOULD COME TOMORROW.

SURVIVOR


This is my survivor quilt when it was still on the design wall.

Since the quilt is a cancer survivor quilt I dedicated it to my Sister Elaine and my Sister Mona...both SURVIVORS of breast cancer.

SURVIVOR DETAIL


The center panels with the figures are basic white fabric.  I used sequin waste and black paint to create the background.  I used some of the figures as a mask creating the white figures and inkjet printed the other figures.  The fabric figures were machine appliqued on to the panel.  The words were stamped on with black craft paint.

GOODWILL HUNTING 
This is my other quilt and I entered it in the GREEN category.  It had to be made of recyled material, so every thing, from fabric to goodies is from the Goodwill store.

SPEAKING OF THE GOODWILL STORE...
I went over to Betty's house this morning as Tues are our FUN DAY.  Betty wasn't feeling very good. 

            SHE WAS HAVING A BAD HAIR DAY.
She needed to color her hair and get it cut too, so I decided to get out of her way.  Thinking of hair color, I decided to go to GW...ARE YOU STILL WITH ME?  DID YOU MAKE THAT LEAP?

Well, after the fact, I decided I needed a new Jacket for the award ceremony. YES, WE ARE BACK TO THAT.  I decided it should be the color of my hair, or the color my hair was today anyway.  Here is what I found.

MY AWARD JACKET   
MAKE THAT LEAP NOW?  Well I hope I get that call now that I have this jacket.  It certainly can only be worn to a quilting show.

So if I get the CALL tomorrow, I will be wearing my new jacket to the ceremony, If I don't, you probably won't hear about it.





           I HOPE THEY HAND OUT ORANGE
        ROSES... REDFOX 






No comments:

Post a Comment