Saturday, February 22, 2014

WE CAN'T ALL BE STARS, BUT WE CAN ALL TWINKLE



I KNOW, I KNOW.....IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME.  And yes, I know I have used this title before...  I'm sure that I was bragging about something or other the last time I wrote, but lately I've really been tooting my own horn.

MOM, BETTY, AND I HAVE BEEN DOING A REGULAR SONG AND DANCE.

We have been doing trunk shows.  We really didn't sing, but I think we might have danced a little.  And I know we did twinkle
           ..............................A LOT!

Thursday night Mom, Betty, and I drove a very long ways and arrived to put on a trunk show for the PRICKLY PIECERS.  It was a lovely time and they were not a bit prickly....Yes Lynnita, I am talking to you.  It was a great group and I think we all enjoyed each other. 


Mom enjoyed showing off the felting pictures that she has had shown at the WEST VALLEY ARTS COUNCIL shows.

Perhaps that is where Betty and I get the urge to twinkle.  When you are 97 years young and you still have that twinkle in your eye, that is a very strong trait.

                     THANK YOU MOM.

WORDS IN THE FOREST
 
   WORDS IN THE FOREST is one of the many pieces that Betty had to twinkle about.  She had just gotten that piece back from the AQS show in Phoenix and she couldn't wait to tell the ladies that she got two pieces in and YOURS TRULY got one in.  Part of our trunk show is the back and forth that Betty and I have in our little sibling rivalry.  I couldn't resist telling about the time I got two ribbons at state and she didn't get any.  That only happened once, but .......

          I TWINKLED BIG TIME.

FRECKLES

 When it was Mom's turn to show another piece she had a story to twinkle about herself.  She told about the Phoenix Airport exhibit that she got two pieces in and Betty and I both got 
          REJECT LETTERS.   We were properly put in our places.  At least we didn't have to sit in the corner....THIS TIME!

LA FETE
 
 I had to show you the ONE piece I had in the AQS show.  This piece traveled for two years in the SAQA show SENSE OF ADVENTURE.  When I talk about this piece I don't just twinkle,  I SHINE.





I think we put on a pretty good show for the PRICKLY PIECERS.  I got a very nice thankyou letter from Lynnita Knoch, past chair.

She also paid a visit to my blog and said very nice things.  She said she felt like I was talking right to her.  I was, I am.

                                                                            


I ALWAYS FEEL LIKE I AM TALKING WITH THE FRIENDS THAT DO ME THE HONOR OF READING THIS BLOG.  WITHOUT YOU READING THIS, THERE WOULD BE NO BLOG.

SO WE MAY NOT BE STARS, BUT WE SURE HAVE FUN TWINKLING...REDFOX
 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment