Sunday, February 23, 2014

A CHAIR IN THE HAND IS WORTH TWO CHAIRS IN THE BUSH, OR AM I CONFUSED?



                  CONFUSED?  ME TOO.

I didn't need another chair.  I don't have room for another chair.  And my husband really hates that I have another chair.

                         BUT IT SEEMS THAT I HAVE ANOTHER CHAIR.....CONFUSED?

A CHAIR IN PARTS
   I didn't go to Goodwill looking for a chair.  I never go to GW looking for anything in particular.  But there it was... a swivel chair in dirty white fake leather.  I forgot to take a picture when it was dirty and in one piece.  I was too excited to get working on it, you see I thought it had POTENTIAL. 

I didn't see the potential on that first trip to GW.  In fact I left that dirty chair there in the store and only went home with two purses and a hot pink jacket.  But I kept thinking about that chair.  You see it had a very heavy cast aluminum frame and I knew it had been a happy chair in its better days.


 So the next morning I drove back to the store, marched in, heels clicking, and pulled out my card...

     CHARGE

GW does not take checks.  That $4.99 went right on my card.   THE CHAIR WAS MINE.

I stripped it down and just look at those beautiful bones.

Now I needed just the right fabric to bring it into its new age.  I could barely contain my excitement as I hid it in my studio so Jerry wouldn't know there was another chair.

  Have you ever seen such perfect fabric?  The only problem is that it was $39.00 a yard.

If you know me, you know I would never pay $39.00 for fabric, but      
         WAIT.

I never pay full price, I must have a coupon somewhere.  Yes, I had 50% off.  I think I can, I THINK I CAN, I CAN.


I  CAN
  Now isn't that the cutest chair you have ever seen?  What did Jerry say?, you ask.

  " WHERE DID THAT #!!@%$^*# CHAIR COME FROM?"

        
        YOU ASKED.
                                                         ...REDFOX

No comments:

Post a Comment