Friday, February 28, 2014

TIT FOR TAT



Today I had a really fun day.  Today I played all day with a new friend.  My new friend's name is Joyce and I met her at the artist's reception for the Botanical show at the West Valley Art Council.  I was riding high because I had just won second place, had a glass of wine, and I was very talkable.  Is that a word?  I don't think so but that's alright.

Joyce was there with a friend and she told me she wanted to learn art quilting.  She is a web designer and since you know how much I know about computers, it seemed like a match made in Heaven.  So we made date.  I'd show her how to make a quilt and she would help me design a web page...

                           TIT FOR TAT

Today was her first lesson.  She brought a notebook to take notes and I decided she should just jump in and I provided her with some fabric.

SHE JUMPED IN
  She learned many new things:

1.   HOW TO CUT PERFECTLY GOOD FABRIC INTO 
       LITTLE BITS.

2.   HOW TO CUT 1IN STRIPS FOR INSERTS.

3.   HOW TO SEW ALL THE LITTLE BITS BACK
       TOGETHER.

4.   HOW TO MAKE CIRCLES, AND

5.   WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CLOSE YOUR ROTERY
       CUTTER WHEN NOT IN USE.

OH, SHE LEARNED A 6TH THING TOO...

         HOW TO BANDAGE A FINGER SO YOU DON'T GET BLOOD ON YOUR QUILT.


POPPY JOY 




This is the quilt that I had in the show and we decided to do one using all the techniques that I had used in this one.


She did a really great job, and it's not easy to use someone else's sewing machine.


     

We were so excited that we forgot to take a picture.  She is coming back next week with all the embellishments done.  That is really what makes a quilt come to life.

So if everything goes well, Joyce will have a beautiful art quilt and I will have a beautiful art quilt web page.                                                   
  

AND REALLY, SHE DIDN'T REALLY NEED THAT TENTH FINGER ANYWAY.
                                            ... REDFOX  
  

                      TIT FOR TAT.     

No comments:

Post a Comment