Tuesday, January 14, 2014

OKEE DOKEE




I just saw the phrase " OKEE DOKEE " on an e-mail from my friend Francie and I thought it would make a good title for a blog.  I think It kinda means going along with something.  Tfhat is how my whole day has gone.

The morning was wonderful.  I had a date with Mom to go to GW and that went great.  I picked her up and she looked very cute in a black and white jacket with an orange scarf and shirt, orange earrings and a white leather flower on her lapel.   She is 97 and yet dresses like a model every day.  I on the other hand am lucky if I comb my hair every day.  In fact I have been known to not.

But I am digressing.  Anyway we had a good trip to GW.  Mom bought books and I bought every thing else.

 WELL THEY HAD THESE GREAT SILVER AND BLACK GLASS VASES THAT WOULD LOOK SO GOOD IN MY HOUSE.....THREE OF THEM.  OF COURSE I COULDN'T  BREAK UP THE THREESOME.
 
Then we went over and had a nice visit with Betty and her new knee.  That's a stupid statement, when you visit Betty you simple must visit her knee.  That was lovely, but I cut it short as I had to get home to finish my SILVER quilt.

IT WENT DOWN HILL FROM THERE...  

RISING  7 X 10  
  
This  looks good, right?  Well it didn't get that way easy.

When I got home today I thought I had better go online and check out the address that I had to send a 8 X 8 SAQA donation quilt that I had made.  Not only did I find out where to send it, but I found out it had to be 7 X 10.

                     BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.

So I had to cut the width and that cut off my lady's elbow and I had to make it longer.  That was easy...ADD RED.

So I added red to the bottom and then I finished the raw edges by sewing on a facing.  But when I tried to turn it, it wouldn't look good because of bulky corners...UNSEW THAT.

After picking out those stitches, I sewed on a narrow binding... TOO NARROW.

I had cut the binding too narrow and it wouldn't go around to the back...UNSEW THAT.   

By now I am really frustrated, but I pick all those stitches out and thank God that the quilt is only 7 X 10.

I am about to try a new binding, when I notice that my left arm is aching.  And I think it has been for quite awhile.  Now I think God is maybe telling me that I am going to have a heart attack.  Now, you know I still haven't sewn an inch on my SILVER quilt.

BUT SINCE "THE FIVE" IS OVER ON TV AND I'M GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK, I THINK I MIGHT AS WELL TAKE A NAP.  (AFTER ALL, IF I DIE FROM A HEART ATTACK, I WON'T NEED TO FINISH THE QUILTS).  

                                                         I SLEEP.

My hubby makes his own dinner and I sleep until 7 o'clock.  I get up and put the correct border on.  DONE!

THIS IS RISING NEXT TO MY SILVER QUILT WITH IS TITLED STILL I RISE.
 
The inspiration for the rising quilt is the big quilt that I am making for the Silver Anniversary of SAQA.  For the Donation quilt I used the same motif and all the same fabrics.  The Silver quilt is still a secret, so I just show a little bit.   OKEE DOKEE?

The inspiration for both these quilts are these simple words:

BE CALM, GO DEEP, GO SLOW.

                              ...REDFOX 

 Now I just previewed this blog and I see that my letter contrast is off for most of the story... TOO BAD!  I don't know why it did that and I'm too tired to fix it.  I used too many words anyway and my ARM HURTS.

I THINK THE TITLE SHOULD HAVE BEEN 

            DEAL WITH IT!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being part of the trunk show tonight (at Prickly Piecers) with Betty and Mom! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Besides all of you being such wonderful artists, I was sitting on the edge of my seat listening to you. So I just had to check out your blog - I LOVE it!!! After meeting you, I can hear you talking to me as I read it. I love your humor! (and your creativity!!) I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete