Sunday, September 2, 2018

"FRIEND, GOOD"...FRANKENSTEIN


There are all kinds of quotes about good friends, and one of my favorite quotes is "A GOOD FRIEND IS LIKE A GOOD BRA, CLOSE TO YOUR HEART AND SUPPORTIVE."  I don't know who wrote it, but it's mine now.

A few weeks ago Mom, Betty, and I were doing our weekly shopathron (is that even a word?) at Goodwill.  You know we dearly love Goodwill, almost as much as we love each other.  I happened to mention that there was a vase on the counter that I loved, but it was too much money.  Of coarse it went right in Betty's cart.  She said I had a birthday coming up...

Well we all have birthdays coming up.  Mine is coming up in May of 2019.

Just when we were ready to go home Betty spotted four bright orange pillows that would look wonderful on her sofa and she
literally ran over to them.  She looked them over and said they were too dirty and she didn't want to send them to the cleaners.

OK, she and Mom left. 

This story is beginning to get a little long, so to make a long story short, it went like this....





First thing I noticed was that they were a very good brand...NEWPORT.  After all they don't sell trash at the DUMP.
Second I noticed that they were filled with duck down and that the covers zipped off.
Third thing I noticed was the most important thing, THEY WERE
                               WASHABLE

I looked around to make sure that Betty was really gone and then...

       I BOUGHT ALL FOUR!



I TOOK THEM HOME AND THEY WASHED UP LIKE A DREAM.  HERE THEY ARE ON MY WHITE SOFA.  THEY LOOK SO GOOD ON MY WHITE SOFA.  AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM.  YOU SEE I BOUGHT THEM FOR BETTY.  SEE, I'M NOT AS BAD A BEST FRIEND AS YOU WERE BEGINNING TO THINK I WAS.

BUT THEY REALLY REALLY
 LOOK GOOD ON MY SOFA.  THEY REALLY DO.

TO MAKE THE LONG STORY SHORT, I'M TAKING THEM TO BETTY TOMORROW. REALLY!

I REALLY REALLY LOVE THAT VASE.

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.                                             ...REDFOX

      












No comments:

Post a Comment