Thursday, October 15, 2015

ORIGINAL SIN...How Original!



Most of you know that I have been working, this past year, on a series of quilts portraying Adam and Eve and the serpent.  What you didn't know is that I have been doing altered books that match the quilts.  I have been removing the pages of the book, sewing and sometimes binding the edges of the pages, and then returning them to the book.  These books have been getting into art shows and museums along with their counterpart quilts.

This book, ORIGINAL SIN, is the first sewn book that I have sent to the SavArt Gallery.  I'll let you know how it is recieved when it
isn't a quilt show audience.  It has been really fun to see how far I can push the serpent angle.

ORIGINAL SIN

 When I started this book  I had the tv on and heard the background song from the BIG BANG THEORY, and I knew I had my hook.  

                  BIG BANG VS ADAM AND EVE

I used the lyrics from the song on my tabs and the beat pounded through the whole book.

  
 How do I fit evolution and  Adam and Eve in the same book?  It's easy..... I DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES.

"I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things.  The glass is always half empty, and cracked.  And I just cut my lip on it.  And chipped a tooth." 

I can't remember off-hand who wrote that, so you have to read the book to find out.

          I DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES
                                            ...Redfox 

No comments:

Post a Comment