Saturday, April 11, 2015

JAM...NEVER SWEETER



Raspberry, strawberry, which shall I have?  I think I'll have SAQA.

Let's go back to last Thursday.  That's the day that I got the notice that I had been accepted as a JAM, Juried Artist Member, of SAQA, Studio Art Quilt Associates. A jury of my peers had voted to accept me into the fold.  And, that is not the best part, my bestie Betty Hahn also got juried in.  We are two happy girls.

Getting to be a JAM was not an easy feat.  It took me three days just to get my work together to fill out the registration.  You have to document all your awards, shows, and publications.  Mine went back to 2008, when I started art quilting.  I sat at the computer surrounded with paper files, ribbons, and magazines I had been in.  It turned out I had done much more than I thought I had...

    BUT WOULD IT BE ENOUGH?

Laying out your work, your soul, before a panel of excellent art quilters was quite daunting.  How to pick which quilts would best show your creative voice...not easy.  And then I had heard the horror stories from excellent quilters who did not get in the first time around.

     NERVOUS MUCH?

RINGTAILED PUSSYCAT  
   Like this quilt, all the parts came togetherAfter examining my work, they proclaimed "you'll live".  Not only live, but prosper.  I took my first breath in two weeks.

        I DANCED.  I BOWED.

      NOW I WANT TO THANK THE ACADEMY...REDFOX

 

No comments:

Post a Comment